The professionals of this practice are prepared to provide comprehensive, reliable and personalized advice to their clients, to meet the needs of legal services in the various transactions of the real estate industry. The Firm's clients include national and international companies in the real estate sector and other related sectors, such as construction companies, developers and developers of commercial, tourism, agro-industrial and housing projects. The team has extensive experience in corporate, contractual, real estate and tax advice for the structuring of long-term projects. For companies in other sectors, the team assists in the management of real estate assets and provides advice on purchase and sale transactions, leasing, financing and asset protection.
In the acquisition, their participation involves the legal audit of the particular project and continues with the design and negotiation of an efficient contractual structure. Commonly, they are involved in representing either the buyer, the seller or the entity that will finance the operation, and even the insurance company that will issue the corresponding property insurance policy, in reviewing and reporting on the legal status of real estate properties, including authorized land uses, urban development plans, special use regimes, preparing opinions for the issuance of title policies, as well as in the preparation and negotiation of letters of intent and promise contracts, purchase and sale agreements and related contracts. Its services include the management and obtaining of federal, local and municipal authorizations required for a particular project and tax incentives.
In leasing transactions, VILLAR® has a very active practice, representing developers, lessors and lessees in the structuring of leases for all types of projects, including industrial parks (including Built-To-Suit Lease Agreements), office and retail space, residential projects, hotels and tourism developments. In new real estate projects, they have represented owners and developers in the preparation and negotiation of complex construction contracts with both domestic and foreign construction companies. In real estate project finance, the Firm has represented both developers and lenders in the negotiation and implementation of financing structures, whether for acquisition, construction or operation.
Within this area, VILLAR® deals with the structuring, negotiation and implementation of operations related to real estate for commercial, tourist or residential use (both in urban and rural areas), as well as everything related to the initiation of activities and registration of developments, condominiums, subdivisions and zoning, providing the following services:
- Acquisition, sale and lease of real estate through various legal and financial mechanisms;
- Analysis and advice on the transformation of the property regime of ejido properties;
- Advice on compliance with regulations related to human settlements, urban development and zoning, contracting of public and private services, obtaining all types of permits and licenses including permits for drilling and use of water wells;
- Advice, negotiation and drafting of all types of real estate leases, including leasing of custom-built real estate;
- Advice, negotiation and drafting of all types of construction contracts in its various modalities, including lump sum, turnkey and infrastructure;
- Audits and specialized investigations in order to advise and determine with certainty the status of real estate with respect to liens, ejido property, as well as the review of the necessary permits for the construction or development of the same, including administrative and environmental matters;
- Drafting of contracts and developments related to the legal figure called "multi-property", a different way to co-ownership to acquire real estate and its regulation in the most important vacation areas of the country;
- Negotiation and drafting of contracts for the purchase and sale and lease of real estate in Mexico by foreigners, including beach and border zone trusts;
- Representation before governmental agencies and participation in boundary disputes.