Due to its strategic location and competitiveness to attract investments, as well as the diversity of treaties and trade agreements entered into, Mexico is a global reference for the attraction of new business; therefore, it is essential to have the support of experts who provide multidisciplinary technical knowledge for the identification and adequate attention of possible risks and opportunities, which generate solutions jointly with the companies. VILLAR® specialists have an important preparation in the area, both in the substantive and practical part, positioning itself as one of the main advisors regarding the activities of national companies with foreign investment and foreign companies under the protection of Mexican legal provisions.
Among others, the Firm provides its clients with the following services:
- Advice on the incorporation of companies, opening of branches and subsidiaries, representative offices and permanent establishments, including the processing of permits before the Ministry of Foreign Affairs for the incorporation of companies, changes of name or corporate name and transformations;
- Advice on partnerships and joint ventures;
- Certifications regarding the integration of the capital stock;
- Issuance of provisional certificates, stock certificates, as well as their endorsement;
- Registration of companies and branches before the National Registry of Foreign Investments and follow-up on compliance with obligations before this agency, including the preparation and filing of notices regarding corporate movements, as well as the review and filing of annual and quarterly financial reports;
- Investigations in the Public Registry of Property, as well as in the Public Registry of Commerce;
- Handling, updating and custody of corporate books and records of companies, as well as public deeds and powers of attorney;
- Obtaining authorizations from the National Foreign Investment Commission;
- Preparation of minutes of meetings, both shareholders' and board meetings, in which the approval of fiscal years, modifications regarding the administrative body or the supervisory committee, granting of powers of attorney, capital increases and decreases, transformations, mergers, spin-offs, dissolutions and liquidations are resolved;
- Preparation and updating of entries in the registry books of registered shares or partners and capital variations;
- Processing before notaries and public brokers of the formalization or certification of operations and notarization of minutes;
- Processing of apostille and legalization of public documents;
- Processing of registration in the Public Registry of Commerce of public deeds that require it (incorporation, amendment, granting of powers of attorney, changes of board of directors, etc.).