Corporate, Mergers and Acquisitions
The Firm assists national and international companies in corporate matters and mergers and acquisitions, assisting its clients in corporate transactions and reorganizations, shareholder and voting agreements, regulatory compliance, dissolution and liquidation of corporations.
VILLAR® offers specialized services, related to the establishment and operation of all types of companies and associations, including subsidiaries and branches of foreign companies, advice to companies in operations involving the issuance and placement of securities, corporate restructurings and reorganizations, share buybacks, stock purchase option plans and all kinds of specialized corporate operations.
Recognized as a leader in the Corporate Law Area, VILLAR® advises clients on the development of international corporate structures and transactions that maximize the return on their investments without substantial changes in the way their businesses operate. The area's lawyers have extensive experience in foreign investment and assist companies with the registration and regulatory compliance of a branch or subsidiary in Mexico. Within corporate practice, it highlights its participation in the complex sector of M&A transactions.
All the specialized areas of the Firm, including the Area of Antitrust, Fiscal, Environmental, Labor, Intellectual Property and Litigation, among others, are perfectly coordinated to assist each other, performing specialized legal audits of each subject matter, providing its clients with a global vision, in order to inform them of the risks and contingencies that their operations entail.
Among others, the services offered by this practice are:
- Advice on the preparation and maintenance of corporate records, including the preparation of minutes of meeting, boards and committees;
- Advice on Private Public Partnerships (PPP), including service providers, developers, financial institutions, operation of infrastructure projects and the governments involved;
- Comprehensive advice on mergers, acquisitions, investment and disinvestment operations, corporate and group restructurings, liquidations, sale of entities and assets, divisions, legal and regulatory compliance audits, due diligence (including for the purchase or sale of companies), privatizations and co-investments or joint ventures;
- Advice for shareholder meetings;
- Advice and strategy for the establishment of any type of Cooperative Corporation;
- Advice and strategy for the establishment of Joint Stock Companies and Limited Liability Companies;
- Preventive Opinion;
- Documentation and implementation of all types of corporate shares, such as capital increases, capital decreases, divisions, mergers, dissolutions, settlements and transformations, including changes in nationality;
- Preparation, review and opinion of legal instruments;
- Issuance, registration and transfer of shares;
- Trusts, notary management, contracts and granting of powers;
- Preparation of contractual, corporate or administrative documentation, for the execution and implementation of contracts and commercial operations;
- Processing of permits before the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.